Monday, September 10, 2012

official first day completed...


Well, day one is complete and I am happy to say that I survived! Crazy though how much I actually thought about sweets. How easy it would be to sneak a shot of whipped cream or a bite of chocolate – heck, I’m home with my kid most of the day, I could have baked and ate an entire cake. But I didn’t. : ) I am feeling ok physically. I have had a headache – I cannot believe that withdrawal symptoms can begin so quickly, so I am attributing it to dehydration. It is hard when you can’t have fruit. However, considering the amount of time I actually spent thinking about sugar and sweets and literally trying not to eat them- makes this all the more important that I am doing this. 21 days, 20 more to go! I am excited for this weekend. The local farmers market is on Saturday morning and I really want to look into some grass-fed meats. I hear they are fantastic, but the price may be a little high. So we will see. And while I’m there I can stock up on some great fresh veggies! I love buying lettuce and spinach there because it lasts so much longer in the fridge, weeks longer than the prewashed bagged stuff. Tastes really good too! My bible study is tomorrow night. I will probably have to resist a treat, which is really difficult for me to do. I will probably bring a bag of nuts, deli meat and chopped veggies to keep me occupied. I will let you know how that goes! 

1 comment:

  1. bible study went well! I brought along sunflower seeds and salami. I had to resist blueberry pie and chocolate chip cookies! argh.... but it was good : )

    ReplyDelete