Thursday, September 13, 2012

so far so good!... / mug cake

Ok, I am on day 4 and so far so good!!!! The first day was by far the worst! I haven’t had any more headaches and overall, I feel great! I really feel like I could do this much longer than 21 days! – hahaha, we will see! I am really starting to crave fruit. I see my son eating berries or an apple and my mouth just waters. Shows me how much I love sugar though and would love to get a fix wherever.. ha. I have given in to my sweet tooth by making a no sugar added pumpkin mug cake. Don’t freak out though.. it was 21 day approved! Here is the original recipe… and it was interesting. Definitely gave me the feel of cake, but I didn’t finish it all. Tonight I modified that recipe and made a truly satisfying treat!!!!!!! Seriously, it was fantastic!!! According to the 21 day detox I am following, I am allowed to have ½ cup serving of yams (sweet potatoes) per day. They really satisfy and are very delicious. I used them in this new cake I made, and seriously, it was fantastic!!! Here is how I made it : ) (pic is to the right, I took it with my phone, I know I am not a food photographer! It was super moist and cakey!) 

-1/2 of small avocado
   -after mashed use 2 full Tablespoons
-1 small sweet potato (save the remainder for snack tomorrow)
   -after mashed use 2 full Tablespoons
-1/4 teas baking soda
-1/4 teas cinnamon (you can use more)
-1/4 teas ginger powder
-1/4 teas vanilla
-1 egg
-2 Tablespoons canned coconut milk (+ a splash extra for avocado)
-1 and ½ Tablespoons almond or coconut flour. (I used almond)
-optional – 1 teas shredded coconut
-1/2 Tablespoon unsweetened coco powder
-1 Tablespoon canned coconut milk

I first cubed up the sweet potato and microwaved it for about 6 mins. Our microwave is from the 50s, seriously, so the time may differ, just make it fork tender. I also added about a pat of butter- probably a no-no for 21 days, but def low carb so it is fine by me : )
 While that is cooking away…

I put the ½ avocado into the Ninja with a tiny splash of coconut milk and pureed.

I put together the almond flour, baking soda, egg, vanilla, ginger, coconut milk, cinnamon and avocado puree.

After the sweet potato was done cooking I put all of that into the Ninja and pureed. I scooped out what I needed and added it to the mixture. (I don’t do wet and dry stuff, I just throw everything together- don’t judge)

I poured it into a mug and microwaved for 3:20. And remember, your micro may be different, but the usually mug cake time is 2-3 mins. BE CAREFUL, it comes out super hot!

While this is cooking, mix together the coco and coconut milk – add coconut if you want : )
 You could also mix in some peanut butter at this point!- microwave the peanut butter first to make it more drizzly.
It should dump right out, so you can eat it in a bowl or on a plate. And top with the coco topping!

No comments:

Post a Comment